The official website of Asahi Television and LIDEN FILMSoriginal badminton sports anime Ryman Club revealed five other cast members for the anime on Wednesday. The cast are all members of Unisics, a rival company of Sunlight Beverage.
New cast members include (left to right in the image above):
- Yûki Ono like Daiki Oginome, who was # 2 in the world doubles rankings with Hayato Kirishima
- Ayumu Murase as Ayato Misora, the 17-year-old prodigy making his team debut
- Haruki Ishiya like Jun Yagami, who attracts spectators with his flashy pieces
- Yukihiro Nozuyama as Ryo Natsuki, Yagami’s doubles partner
- Daisuke namikawa like Masahiko Utsugi, the Unisics coach was once a popular and charismatic player
Previously announced cast members include:
(From left to right in the image above)
(From left to right in the image above):
The anime will premiere in the NUMAnimation anime programming block on Asahi Television, CS Asahi Television Channel 1 and 24 affiliates on January 22 and BS Asahi January 28.
The anime focuses on badminton players on a corporate team, with characters who work in a company and also play badminton. The story centers on Mikoto Shiratori, a childhood badminton prodigy, but never recovered from a major loss in a high school competition. Now he works in the sales department of the Sunlight Beverage company, playing badminton at the same time.
Aimi Yamauchi (City Hunter: Shinjuku’s Private Eyes unit director, Fatal bites director of the episode) directs the anime at LIDEN FILMS, who previously hosted the badminton anime Hanebad!. Yamauchi is also in charge of the composition of the series alongside Teruko Utsumi (Sarazanmai). Suzuhito Yasuda (Durarara !!, Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon? light novels) drew the original character designs, and Majiro (Barakamon, Macross Delta, 7/22) draw these character designs for animation. The group fox catch plan compose the music.