Artist premieres song “1 / 25,000,000” for anime premiere on January 22
The official website of Asahi Television and LIDEN FILMSoriginal badminton sports anime Salaries Club (Ryman Club) posted the second promo video for the anime on Saturday. The video announces and gives a preview of the ending theme song “Nisen Gohyaku Man no Ichi” (1 / 25,000,000), which mafumafu created for the anime.
mafumafu explained that the song’s title comes from the reported odds – one in 25 million – that we are spending time now with the people we care about.
The anime focuses on badminton players on a corporate team, with characters who work in a company and also play badminton. The story centers on Mikoto Shiratori, a childhood badminton prodigy, but never recovered from a major loss in a high school competition. Now he works in the sales department of the Sunlight Beverage company, playing badminton at the same time.
The cast members include:
(From left to right in the images above)
- Yûki Ono like Daiki Oginome, who was # 2 in the world doubles rankings with Hayato Kirishima
- Ayumu Murase as Ayato Misora, the 17-year-old prodigy making his team debut
- Haruki Ishiya like Jun Yagami, who attracts spectators with his flashy pieces
- Yukihiro Nozuyama as Ryo Natsuki, Yagami’s doubles partner
- Daisuke namikawa like Masahiko Utsugi, the Unisics coach was once a popular and charismatic player
- Daiki Hamano like Shiryu Tonozaki, a straightforward person who has no filter
- Shunichi Toki like Yuho Mashiba, a passionate man who loves muscles above all else
- Nobuhiko Okamoto like Yukei Saruhashi, a brash and impulsive man who remains hard to hate
- Tomokazu Sugita like Kotetsu Gokura, a man of few words but with a powerful playing style
- Atsushi Imaruoka like Kohji Matsushita, a polite trainer with a rotten core
- Makoto furukawa like Naohiro Izumo, who previously worked at Sunlight Beverage and competed in a duet with Tatsuru
- Ryotaro Okiayu as Sentaro Ibuki, a No. 1 player in the men’s singles badminton world
- Shun Horie as Shuhei Nakamura, a rival who became partner of Chiaki from another school
- Yusuke Shirai as Chiaki Takimoto, Shuhei’s current partner
- Kenji hamada like Hajime Masatoki, a trainer who aims for absolute competence and tolerates no failure
The anime will premiere in the NUMAnimation anime programming block on Asahi Television, CS Asahi Television Channel 1 and 24 affiliates on January 22 and BS Asahi January 28. Crisp will air the anime.
Aimi Yamauchi (City Hunter: Shinjuku’s Private Eyes unit director, Fatal bites director of the episode) directs the anime at LIDEN FILMS, who previously hosted the badminton anime Hanebad!. Yamauchi is also in charge of the composition of the series alongside Teruko Utsumi (Sarazanmai). Suzuhito Yasuda (Durarara !!, Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon? light novels) drew the original character designs, and Majiro (Barakamon, Macross Delta, 7/22) draw these character designs for animation. The group fox catch plan compose the music.